Seven Sisters is a shop in Portland, Oregon that features a mix of global and local independent fashion
and design. Our love for exquisite product and neighborly customer service define the Seven
Sisters experience. Taking pride in long relationships with staff who grow alongside us, we aim to
nurture our team as they support our successes and drive the business.
Please see a listing of available positions within the company below. All applications should come with
a resume and cover letter explaining how you could contribute to Seven Sisters. If you don’t see
something that fits your skill set, please write to us to share your qualifications and thoughts.
At Seven Sisters, the Shop Manager is at the helm of the brick-and-mortar and online shop's
daily operations. Managers are a key part of the leadership team. They are responsible for creating and
maintaining the brand culture, leading by example as they engage with clients, interact with fellow
sales associates, and correspond with the Seven Sisters Owner. The shop manager is selected for their
attention to detail in all aspects of operations including meeting high standards of luxury customer
service, creatively fostering growth of sales, and increasing efficiency of daily operations.
The Shop Manager schedules their time to complete administrative tasks in consideration of an
obligation to oversee floor management and delivery of customer service. The Shop Manager is the
strongest salesperson within the team and teaches associates Seven Sisters standards through example.
Managers use their unparalleled work ethic and dedication to the Seven Sisters' mission to run
the brick and mortar shop, which is the core of our business. Internally, they are understood as the
keystone to business overall.
• Interact regularly with the shop Owner. Lead staff training, scheduling and management under
guidance from the Owner. The Shop Manager follows and develops customer service outreach
initiatives and own client development, management and retention.
• Serve as leader to store associates as they are hired. Train new associates in maintenance of
customer service guidelines, visual merchandising standards, and understanding of and
performance to daily sales plan.
• Oversee the accurate and timely processing of vendor deliveries. Minimize inventory shrinkage
and guiding associates to support merchandise management as well as maximize all
opportunities for loss prevention.
• Create and organize a system for back stock and train others in understanding that system.
• In collaboration with company's Owner, instigate required change and improvement
of merchandise presentation as prompted by product arrival and performance by vendor,
category, and any other requested guideline.
• Manage online orders. Package and ship following requested guidelines. • Respond to customer inquiries that are received via email and phone in the tone of the brand.
• Manage Shop Website Content and Update Inventory.
• Conceive of and implement shop events to grow the Seven Sisters community, brand awareness
• Managers prepare and send reports on a daily basis for the Owner. Monthly, Manager's send
reports detailing store performance, ideas and recommendations.
• One year management experience in a contemporary or luxury environment.
• A commitment to delivering top notch, personalized and friendly customer service.
• A comprehensive knowledge of contemporary, independent and luxury designers and brands.
• A detailed understanding of fit and construction as pertains to maintaining expert product
knowledge. The know how to pull items appropriate for different customer's style and body type;
as well as the ability to style outfits and wardrobes for clients.
• A love for the brands and categories Seven Sisters carries and their place in the global retail
• Excellent organizational skills and an ability to maintain systems of inventory management for
the brick and mortar and shop retail website.
• The ability to photograph products, style products, manage Instagram and other social media
platforms as well as the shop's website.
• Proven ability to motivate and inspire a team on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
• Experience managing multi-brand sales and customer service.
• A flexible schedule which leaves the manager available to serve the store, cover shifts or find
responsible coverage when needed.
• A critical and elevated sense of personal style that resonates with the Seven Sisters brand.
• A mind for analytics and and interest in exploring and understanding a growing business.
• A love for exploration, conversation, and communication with strangers and peers alike.
• Ambition to grow within the Seven Sisters family.
Seven Sisters offers hourly pay (with commission and performance based bonuses) in addition to a
generous discount of 25% off merchandise. As sales grow, we believe in compensating those that have
contributed to that growth. Raises will be performance based as well as based on the shop's ability to
meet and exceed sales goals.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org